Luxury Yacht Charter Auckland
Yacht Charter in Auckland
Auckland is the largest city on the North Island of New Zealand, and the sailing capital of the country. Built around a stunning natural harbor which plays host to the Auckland International Boat Show every year, it is a bustling South Pacific city with an abundance of charm. Auckland is the gateway to the Hauraki Gulf, a sensational cruising territory with 76 islands and mile up mile on exciting coastline to explore.
Marinas in Auckland
There are plenty of first-class facilities for yachts in and around Auckland:
Tel: +64 9 446 1600
Bucklands Beach Yacht Club Marina
Tel: +64 9 534 3046
Gulf Harbour Marina
Tel: +64 9 424 6200
Half Moon Bay Marina
Tel: +64 9 534 1035
Hobson West Marina
Tel: +64 9 355 1837
Pier21 Marina Centre
Tel: +64 9 374 4461
Pine Harbour Marina
Tel: +64 9 536 4720
Viaduct Harbour Marina
Tel: +64 9 300 6682
Tel: +64 9 360 5870
West Park Marina
Tel: 64 9 416 7447
Tel: +64 9 524 8444
Weather in Auckland
Auckland has a warm temperate maritime climate, meaning it has four seasons and no extremes of temperatures. It is the warmest part of New Zealand, with summer temperatures between the months of December to March hovering around 24C. There can be quiet a lot of showers in the autumn months of April and May during which temperatures fall to around 17C. Winter, from June until August, can be even wetter still with temperatures falling around around 14C.
Top Five Things to do in Auckland:
- Climb Auckland’s Sky Tower at night for an awesome view. www.skycityauckland.co.nz
- During the day, you may prefer to climb the Auckland Harbour Bridge. www.aucklandbridgeclimb.co.nz
- Bungy jump in the country that invented bungy jumping. There are plenty of locations in and around Auckland from which to choose. www.bungy.co.nz
- Sail around the stunning Mission Bay.
- Tee off at Titirangi Golf Club. www.titirangigolf.co.nz
Top 5 Restaurants in Auckland:
- For tempting tapas in Remuera head to the newly-opened Maple Room. Tel: +64 9 522 1672
- If you are in Mission Bay book at table at Antoine’s for some fantastic French cuisine. Tel: +64 9 379 8756.
- The Harbourside Seafood Bar and Grill is the place to go for seriously good seafood. www.harboursiderestaurant.co.nz
- For people watching check out the Auckland institution Soul. Tel: +64 9 356 7249.
- The Langham Hotel’s Barolo Restaurant is a fabulous venue for a special meal. Tel: +64 9 300 2885.