Luxury Yacht Charter Baja
Yacht Charter in Baja
The Baja Peninsula is a long and thin strip of land which stretches approximately 750 miles along the coast of Mexico, surrounded by the Pacific Ocean on one side and the Gulf of California, or Sea of Cortes, on the other. The region has always been popular with travelers keen to explore the mountain and desert-like scenery inland, and now its stunning coastline – dubbed the Mexican Riviera - is becoming increasingly popular with sailors wanting to discover quiet, unspoiled waters. There are three distinct yachting areas: in the north there is Ensenada, just an hour from the US border; at the southern tip of the peninsula is the vivacious Los Cabos region, whilst La Paz is surrounded by some spectacular islands.
Marinas in Stewart Island
The best marinas in the Baja Peninsula are found in the three regions outlined above. They include:
The Marina at Cruiseport Village
Tel: + 52 646 178 8801
Hotel Coral and Marina
Tel: +52 646 175 0000
Tel: +52 646 174 0020
Tel: +52 646 178 8020
Puerto Los Cabos Marina
Tel: +52 624 105 6028
Marina Cabo San Lucas
Tel: +52 624 173 9140
Marinas de Baja
Tel: +52 624 143 6523
Marina Costa Baja
Tel: +52 612 121 6226
Marina de la Paz
Tel: +52 612 122 1646
Tel: +52 612 1213 7000
Weather in Baja
The Baja Peninsula is a year-round sailing destination. Temperatures remain between around 22C-30Cs most of the year. August and September are the warmest months, with temperatures frequently hitting the mid 30Cs and the humidity can be a little unpleasant.
Top Five Things to do in Baja:
- Swim with dolphins in the clear waters off the Islas de Todos Santos, just outside Ensenada.
- Visitors to La Paz in February and March can watch a traditional bullfight at the municipal stadium.
- Watch the Grey Whales which take over many of the Pacific lagoons between January and March.
- Play a testing round of golf at the Baja Country Club. Tel: +52 646 177 5523
- Indulge yourself at the award winning Cactus Spa at Sheraton Hacienda del Mar. www.sheratonloscabos.com
Top 5 Restaurants in Baja:
- Without fail try to pop into the legendary Hussong’s Cantina, a famous watering hole in Ensenada where the world’s first margarita was served in 1941. www.cantinahussongs.com
- Head to El Patron in La Paz for excellent dining with a view. www.elpatronbarandgrill.com
- For mouth-watering Mexican try Las Quesadillas in Los Cabos. www.lasquesadillas.com
- La Paz’s Bismark II serves sublime seafood. Tel: +52 612 122 4854
- For a memorable hunk of meat head to Buffalo BBQ, in La Paz. www.bbqbuffalogrill.com