Luxury Yacht Charter Banderas Bay
Yacht Charter in Banderas Bay
Banderas Bay is situated on the Central Pacific Coast and is one of Mexico’s largest bays, measuring 20 miles across and boasting more than 60 miles of coastline. Banderas Bay, which is known also as Vallarta, is one of the deepest bays in the world with depths of more than 3,000 feet. Surrounded by mountains, the horse-shaped bay offers endless opportunities for yacht charters including safe anchorages, stunning white-sandy beaches and a diverse sea-life. The bay is a sanctuary to species such as giant manta rays, dolphins and Humpback whales who come annually between November and March to give birth to their young.
Marinas in Banderas Bay
The bay boasts several excellent marinas, the latter of which is still in construction phase.
Paradise Village Marina
Tel: +52 322 226 6728
Marina Riviera Nayarit
Tel: +52 329 295 5526
Nuevo Vallarta Marina
Weather in Banderas Bay
The weather in the Bay of Banderas is hot all year round, and very hot between May and November. Temperatures regularly hit the mid 30Cs, and it can also rain considerably. Hurricanes are also not uncommon in early autumn, between September and October. The best time to come is during the drier and not so hot season, between late November and April.
Top Five Things to do in Banderas Bay:
- A must between November and March is to watch more than 300 Humpback whales migrate to the Bay of Banderas to breed.
- Visitors to the region in July should look out for the Olive Ridley sea turtles which come ashore to lay their eggs.
- For sporting enthusiasts the El Tigre Golf Course is world-class. www.eltigregolf.com
- Surf on the impressive point breaks off the coast from Punta de Mita to San Blas.
- Book yourself on to an ‘Overnight lost in the jungle’ horse ride at the Rancho El Charro. www.ranchoelcharro.com
Top 5 Restaurants in Banderas Bay:
- For the most authentic Mexican food in town, reserve a table at El Arrayan. www.elarrayan.com.mx
- La Palapa in Puerto Vallarta is famous for its seafood. www.lapalapapv.com
- If you have had your fill of Mexican head to Trio, for some sublime European dishes cooked by two European chefs. www.triopv.com
- For a memorable and romantic meal book ahead at the Four Seasons Resort at Punta Mita. www.fourseasons.com/puntamita
- For an evening without the kids indulge yourselves at the Casa Isabel’s Madison South Bar and Grill. www.casaisabelpv.com