Luxury Yacht Charter Bay of Islands
Yacht Charter in Bay of Islands
The Bay of Islands is a stunning region of New Zealand in the north of the North Island, blessed with a sub-tropical climate and breathtaking scenery. In clear waters off the mainland lie 144 islands which make the perfect cruising territory for yachts of all sizes. The region is also hugely popular with fishing enthusiasts. In addition, the Bay of Islands is a great base for exploring all of the Far North, such as the Waipoua Kauri Forest and Cape Reinga, New Zealand’s longest beach.
Marinas in Bay of Islands
Due to its popularity as a international sailing destination there are some first-class marina facilities in and around the Bay of Islands including:
Tel: +64 9 4050 505
Kerikeri Cruising Marina
Tel: +64 9 407 9434
Tel: +64 9 407 7124
Tel: +64 9 434 3441
Tel: +64 9 438 2033
Marsden Cove Marina
Tel: + 64 9 432 7740
Weather in Bay of Islands
The Bay of Islands is the known as the ‘winterless north’ because its winters are mild, with temperatures between 25C, whilst its summers can be even hotter still. Between November and April temperatures can easily reach early to mid 30cs.
Top Five Things to do in Bay of Islands:
- Spend the day soaking up the atmosphere in the picturesque town of Kerikeri.
- Hire a 4WD (plus driver) and tour along the 90 mile beach that takes you to Cape Reinga.
- Go diving at the Poor Knights Islands.
- Visit the colonial town of Russell, New Zealand’s oldest settlement and first capital.
- Play a round of golf at the challenging Waitangi Golf Club with extraordinary views over the Bay of Islands. www.waitangigolf.co.nz
Top 5 Restaurants in Bay of Islands:
- Gannets restaurant in Russell is arguably the best spot for seafood in the area. www.gannets.co.nz
- For excellent Asian dishes head to Pure Tastes, in Paihia. www.puretastes.co.nz
- Kamakura is claimed to be Russell’s coolest place to be seen. www.kamakura.co.nz
- For a romantic lunch on at Waikokopu’s Lake, head to the Waikokopu Café. Tel: +64 9 402 6275
- The oysters at Russell’s Gables Restaurant are legendary. Tel: +64 9 403 7670