Luxury Yacht Charter Broome
Yacht Charter in Broome
Broome is an exotic and unspoiled area of Western Australia, approximately a two and a half hour flight north from the state’s capital of Perth. The coastline is spectacular, with practically virgin white sandy beaches which are lapped gently by crystal clear water. The area became famous for pearl diving more than a century ago when Japanese, Filipino and Malay pearl divers arrived in Broome in their droves. South Sea pearls are still amongst the most coveted in the world.
Marinas in Broome
As the area is very remote, facilities for yacht charter are currently few and far between. They include:
Port Broome Marina
Tel: +618 9117 7892
Exmouth Marina Village
Tel: +618 9949 1176
Carnarvon Yacht Club
Tel: +618 9941 2565
Tel: +618 9956 0113
Tel: +618 9185 6100
Batavia Coast Marina
Tel: +618 9956 0131
Weather in Broome
The weather in Broome doesn’t fall into summers and winters, it just falls into a wet season and a dry one. The dry season tends to last from April until October, when temperatures reach well into their 30Cs and the days are full of sunshine and clear blue skies. During the wet season, the weather can be just as hot, but there is also the chance of isolated thunderstorms and occasional downpours.
Top Five Things to do in Broome:
- Spend a day lounging on Cable Beach, recently named one of the world’s top five beaches.
- If you’re fed up with lying horizontally, why not take a camel ride along the beach.
- Look for dinosaur prints at Gantheaume Point when the tide is low. The prints are said to be more than 130 million years old.
- Play a round of golf at the beautiful Broome Golf Club, with stunning views over Roebuck Bay. Tel: +618 9192 2092
- Discover how pearls are found at Willie Creek Pearl Farm. www.williecreekpearls.com.au
Top 5 Restaurants in Broome:
- Tides Bar and Garden Restaurant offers elegant dining under the stars. Tel: +618 9192 1303
- For a meal with a view try Wharf Restaurant, in Broome. Tel: +618 9192 5700
- The Old Zoo Café is an institution in Broome dining. Tel: +618 9193 6200
- For arguably the best Italian this far east of Italy, try Caffé d’Amore. Tel: +618 9192 7606
- Bluey’s Fish and Chips is well worth a visit for excellent ….fish and chips! Tel: +618 9192 1747