Luxury Yacht Charter Cairns
Yacht Charter in Cairns
Cairns is a major seaside resort in the north of Queensland, and is known as the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. Framed by spectacular rainforest mountain ranges and the emerald blue Coral Sea, it is a modern city which serves as an ideal base from which to explore the wondrous Great Barrier Reef, a World Heritage Site. North of Cairns are more than 26 kilometers of stunning beaches, known as the Northern Beaches of Cairns, as well as Green Island and Fitzroy Island, both tropical islands which are ideal stop-over points on any yacht charter of the region.
Marinas in Cairns
There are a number of excellent marinas in and around Cairns, including:
Port Hinchinbrook Marina
Tel: +617 4066 2000
Cairns Cruising Yacht Squadron
Tel: +617 4035 1458
Tel: +614 1885 5922
Cairns Marlin Marina
Tel: +617 4052 3888
Marina Mirage Port Douglas
Tel: +617 4099 5775
Magnetic Island Marina
Tel: +617 4758 2417
Half Moon Marina
Tel: +617 4055 7711
Tel: +617 4099 5031
Weather in Cairns
Cairns enjoys a tropical climate, characterized by rainy, hot weather in the summer months, between October and May. Temperatures can peak at above 40C but usually hover between 28C-34C. In the winter months, from May to October, temperatures are between 18C and 26C.
Top Five Things to do in Cairns:
- Go white-water rafting on the River Tully. There are various firms in Cairns who offer white-water rafting tours.
- Visit the Daintree Forest, the biggest in mainland Australia.
- Dive the Great Barrier Reef, or just as amazing, snorkel it.
- Ride a BMX bike off a roof – honestly! Check out bungy jumping legend AJ Hackett’s Cairns based company that offers all sorts of thrills. http://cairns.ajhackett.com
- Play a round of golf on one of the most stunning greens in Australia at the Paradise Palms resort. www.paradisepalms.com.au
Top 5 Restaurants in Cairns:
- For seafood try Boateez Bistro, located in Cairns Yacht Club. Tel: +617 4031 2750
- Colonies café Bar and Grill on Palm Beach is the perfect place to come for sundowners. Tel: +617 4055 3958
- Far Horizons is set within the Angsana Great Barrier Reef Resort and is arguably the best restaurant in Northern Queensland. Tel: +617 4055 3000
- For the very best in local cuisine go to Ochre, in central Cairns. www.ochrerestaurant.com.au
- Right next to Cairns’ Regional Gallery is Perrotta’s at the Gallery where you will find the best breakfast in town. Tel: +617 4031 5899.