Luxury Yacht Charter Charleston
Yacht Charter in Charleston
Charleston is a busy and attractive port in South Carolina with great access for yacht charters exploring the East Coast of America. Charleston Harbor offers sailors endless opportunities to anchor off the region’s many beaches, small islands and in the intricate waterways which lead off from the harbour. The region is also very popular for fishing charters, an activity which you can also do on yacht charter.
Marinas in Charleston
There are a number of marinas on both sides of the river leading up to Charleston, including:
The Charleston City Marina
Tel: +1 843 723 5098
The Ashley Marina
Tel: +1 843 722 1996
Carolina Yacht Club
Tel: +1 843 722 0209
Charleston Maritime Center
Tel: +1 843 853 3625
Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina
Tel: +1 843 856 9996
Weather in Charleston
The weather in Charleston is characterized by long hot summers and cold winters. Temperatures can reach as high as 40C in the peak of the summer, and fall to as low as zero in the winter months. Summer tends to be humid with thunderstorms and there can be a fair amount of rain between June and September.
Top Five Things to do in Charleston:
- Charleston is home to America’s very first golf course, the South Carolina Golf Club, established in 1786. There are now numerous first-class courses including Kiawah Island Resort. www.kiawahresort.com
- Explore some of South Carolina’s most stunning beaches on the Isle of Palms.
- For those on yacht charter who have brought their boards, check out the surf at Folly Beach.
- The whole family will love the Aquarium, which has an unforgettable view of the harbour. www.scaquarium.org
- Visit The Magnolia Plantation, home to the country’s oldest public gardens which also boasts one of the nation’s largest collections of azaleas and camellias. www.magnoliaplantation.com
Top 5 Restaurants in Charleston:
- For sublime French cuisine go to the Charleston Grill, in the Charleston Place Hotel. www.charlestongrill.com
- Robert’s of Charleston is highly recommended for first-class American fare. www.robertsofcharleston.com
- Head to Sienna, on Daniel Island, for outstanding Italian. www.siennadining.com
- Arguably the hippest restaurant in Charleston – and the place to be seen – is Anson. www.ansonrestaurant.com
- Mount Pleasant’s Red Drum Pub is the nearest you’ll get to a London gastropub in Charleston. www.reddrumpub.com