Luxury Yacht Charter French Polynesia
Yacht Charter in French Polynesia
French Polynesia consists of no less than three archipelagoes of islands in the South Pacific Ocean, to the east of the Cook Islands, in an area that is the size of Europe. The largest island - and its economic and political centre - is Tahiti, which became a French colony in 1880. Tahiti and its sister islands of Moorea and Bora Bora are all hugely popular as luxury tourism destinations, their crystal clear seas and deserted white-sand beaches providing the ultimate backdrop for a romantic getaway. Further afield are the Tuamotu and Austral Islands, which offer endless possibilities for intrepid travelers. The French Polynesian islands are also a much sought-after destination for luxury yacht charters.
Marinas in French Polynesia
The only facilities in French Polynesia able to accommodate luxury super yachts are on the island of Tahiti:
Tel: +689 41 02 25
Tahiti Nautic Center
Tel: + 689 54 76 16
Yacht Club de Tahiti
Tel: +689 42 78 03
Weather in French Polynesia
The climate in French Polynesia is tropical all-year round, with temperatures hovering around 27C. The hottest period is between November and March where temperatures can reach the 30cs. The best time to visit the islands is considered to be in April and March, and September and October, when the weather is less humid than at other times of the year.
Top Five Things to do in French Polynesia:
- Dive in the crystal clear waters off Moorea.
- Join a 4WD safari tour on the island of Bora Boar and explore it volcanic interior.
- Anchor in a secluded cove in one of the Tuamotu Islands and swim in the clue blue sea.
- Watch the world-class surfers at Tahiti’s Teahupoo Beach.
- Tee off at the Tahiti International Golf Club. Tel: +689 574 341
Top 5 Restaurants in French Polynesia:
- L’O a La Bouche is an internationally renowned restaurant in Tahiti’s capital Papeeta. Tel: +689 45 29 76
- For excellent French cuisine on Tahiti head to Le Carré at Le Meridien Tahiti. www.lemeridientahiti.com
- Le Royal Tahitien Restaurantat the hotel with the same name has been built on the site of the palace of the last ruling dynasty and the food is fit for a king. www.hotelroyaltahitien.com
- Bloody Mary’s Restaurant on Bora Bora is world-famous for its seafood and splendid location. Tel: +689 67 72 86
- For a memorable experience try St James Restaurant overlooking Helen’s Bay, Bora Bora. Tel: +689 67 64 62