Luxury Yacht Charter Jacksonville
Yacht Charter in Jacksonville
Jacksonville is a bustling city in North Florida which has built up around the banks of the St John’s River. ‘Jax’, as the city is affectionately called, is a thriving commercial and cultural center but just a stone’s throw away you will find some of Florida’s most beautiful beaches and tiny islands to explore by boat. Especially popular are fishing charters and right whale watching, as well as swimming off the spectacular Daytona Beach, which is 23 miles long. One hour south of Jacksonville is the ‘ancient city’ of St Augustine which is America’s oldest city and port.
Marinas in Jacksonville
Jacksonville has a number of excellent facilities for yacht charter including:
Tel: +1 904 251 1545
Tel: +1 904 249 8200
Tel: +1 904 758 1092
River City Marina
Tel: +1 904 398 7918
Weather in Jacksonville
Jacksonville has a humid subtropical climate with mild winters and hot summers. The summer months of June through to August can be very hot, with temperatures peaking at around 33C. Winters cooled down to around 10C, with on average between 10 to 15 nights falling below freezing. The wettest months in Jacksonville are between June and September, with the most popular months for yacht charter being in the spring.
Top Five Things to do in Jacksonville:
- Spend the day soaking up the rays on Jacksonville Beach, a resort nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the intra-coastal waterway east of Jacksonville.
- Visit St Augustine and marvel at the history of America’s oldest city.
- If you are visiting Jacksonville in early April on yacht charter don’t miss Springing the Blues, Florida’s largest outdoor blues concert. www.springingtheblues.com
- Tour Jacksonville’s famous Budweiser factory and enjoy a tasting session. www.budweisertours.com
- Play golf at one of Jacksonville’s premier courses at Bent Creek Golf Course. www.golfbentcreek.com
Top 5 Restaurants in Jacksonville:
- For out of this world seafood try Palm Valley Fish Camp, on Ponte Vedra Beach. www.palmvalleyfishcamp.com
- Marker 32 is a lively restaurant on Beach Boulevard inventive seafood. www.marker32.com
- For a French flavor whilst on yacht charter head to Bistro Aix, in Jacksonville. www.bistrox.com
- Orsay’s is the palce to go for a sensational Sunday brunch. www.restaurantorsay.com
- For a memorable steak and stunning views, try Ruth’s Chris Steak House on Riverplace Boulevard. http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/7200/Jacksonville/Riverfront