Luxury Yacht Charter Korea
Yacht Charter in Korea
Korea hosted its fourth annual boat show this year in the South Korean providence of Gyeongsangnam, testament to the country’s efforts to become recognized as an emerging destination in the yacht charter world. The country is also expanded its number of marinas to cope with a growing market. The number of tourists who visit South Korean are still few and far between, but what they discover is a country seeped in history, with stunning interior and beautiful coastline dotted with islands. Cruising is also popular up the Han River.
Weather in Korea
Korea has four seasons: spring from March to the end of May; summer from June to August; autumn from September to November and winter from December to the beginning of March. The summer season is very hot and humid, and the winter months are very cold. Rainfall can be considerably the raining season, which is late June to mid-July.
Top Five Things to do in Korea:
- Relax in Dragon Hill Spa, a luxury spa over seven floors in Seoul. www.dragonhillspa.co.kr
- Scuba dive off Seogwipo.
- Sign up for an intensive Taekwondo lesson at the War Memorial and Museum gymnasium. www.taekwontour.com
- Visit the Seokbulsa Temple in Busan, which has been carved into rock. Etched into the stone are also huge Buddhist images.
- Book well in advance for a round of golf at Chungmung Beach Golf Club, Sogwipo. Tel: + 82 064 32 1202
Top 5 Restaurants in Korea:
- For outstanding Chinese food with a view, go to the Toh Lim Restaurant in Seoul’s Lotte Hotel. www.lottehotelseoul.com
- The Park Hyatt Hotel serves an impressive international buffet. www.seoul.park.hyatt.com
- Eat like the locals at the Millak Town Raw Fish centre, in Busan.
- Come to Busan’s legendary Geumsu Bokguk for blowfish.
- For an atmospheric evening surrounded by Buddhist artwork and music, come to Sanchon, in Seoul. Tel: +82 02 735 0312.