Luxury Yacht Charter Kuwait
Yacht Charter in Kuwait
Kuwait is a small country located in the north east corner of the Arabian Peninsula. But for such a tiny nation, it has almost 500km of beautiful coastline bordering the Persian Gulf. Kuwait has benefited greatly from its oil reserves, which has made the country particularly prosperous. As a result, its facilities are second to none, and the wonderful climate plus stunning outlying islands make it an ideal undiscovered sailing ground.
Marinas in Kuwait
There are currently three marinas in Kuwait:
The Kuwait Yacht Club
Tel: +965 25656741
Al-Fahaheel Marine Club
Tel + 965 3718053
Weather in Kuwait
The weather is Kuwait is typical of conditions in the Arabian Gulf, with very hot summers and milder winters. Temperatures are at their coolest between December and March, when they hover around 18C. In the summer months they regularly reach around 36C. In June and July, the Shamal, a north westerly wind, can cause dramatic sandstorms inland.
Top Five Things to do in Kuwait:
- Tour Kuwait’s plentiful oil fields with specially-arranged visits by the Kuwait Oil Company (KOC). www.kockw.com
- Visit the world’s largest wooden Arabic dhow at the Al-Hashemi Maritime Museum, located at the SAS Hotel. www.al-hashemi2.com
- Hang out at the Messilah Beach Club, on arguably Kuwait’s biggest and most beautiful beaches. www.messilah.com.kw
- Take a trip round Green Island, a man-made island connected to mainland by an 825-foot concrete passageway which is covered by 50,000 varieties of plants, shrubs and trees.
- Play a round of golf at the Sahara Gold and Country Club www.saharakuwait.com
Top 5 Restaurants in Kuwait
- Eat in the bow of the world’s largest dhow, or a replica of it at least, at Al-Boom, in Kuwait. www.radissonblu.com/hotel-kuwait
- Sample great Middle-Eastern food at the end of a pier at Burj Al-Hamam.
- Enjoy a meal with a view at the Layali al-Helmeya, in Arabian Gulf Street.
- For fine dining try Le Notre in Kuwait City.
- If you are craving something British, come to the English Tea Lounge for the best high tea around. www.sheratonkuwait.com