Luxury Yacht Charter Martha’s Vineyard
Yacht Charter in Martha’s Vineyard
Martha’s Vineyard is arguably one of the most famous yacht charter destinations in America, if not the world, and for very good reason. The island is within easy sailing distance from the super yacht capital of Newport and has become known as the chosen holiday hangout for many of America’s great and good including President Obama and Bill Clinton. The island boasts many wonderful beaches, spectacular scenery and a level of sophistication unmatched anywhere else in New England.
Marinas in Martha’s Vineyard
There are a number of marinas in Martha’s Vineyard for yacht charter:
Tel: +1 508 693 3854
Tisbury Wharf Company
Tel: +1 508 693 9300
Vineyard Haven Marina
Tel: +1 508 693 7377
Oak Bluffs Marina
Tel: +1 508 693 7402
Mad Max Marina
Tel: +1 508 693 7402
Weather in Martha’s Vineyard
The weather in Martha’s Vineyard is milder than other parts of New England because of the Gulf Stream. Temperatures in the summer hover around 25C whilst in the winter they tend to fall to around 5C. Rainfall is minimal, and tends to be heaviest in the winter months.
Top Five Things to do in Martha’s Vineyard:
- If you feel like getting off the water during your yacht charter rent bicycles and cycle from Oak Bluffs to Edgartown.
- Watch the sunset at Menemsha Beach.
- Go kayaking on Sengekontacket Pond.
- Visit the clay cliffs at Anquinnah, Near Gay Head.
- Follow in Obama’s footsteps and play golf at the Farm Neck Golf Club, at Oaks Bluff. Tel: +1 508 693 3057
Top 5 Restaurants in Martha’s Vineyard:
- For a memorable evening out on your yacht charter reserve a table at The Beach Plum Inn in Chilmark. www.beachpluminn.com
- Park Corner Bistro in Oaks Bluff has just ten tables so make sure you book. www.parkcornerbistro.com
- For some authentic French cuisine check out Sweet Life Café in Oaks Bluff. www.sweetlifemv.com
- Lure Grill at the Winnetu Oceanside Resort enjoys a wonderful reputation for sublime seafood. www.winnetu.com
- L’Etoile is run by the Vineyard’s most acclaimed chef, Michael Brisson. www.letoile.net