Luxury Yacht Charter Martinique
Yacht Charter in Martinique
Martinique is small slice of France situated thousands of miles away from the French mainland in the emerald blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Martinique, also known as ‘the island of flowers’, covers an area of more than 1,000 square kilometers, making it the largest of the Windward Islands chain. With beautiful white sandy beaches, secluded bays and an interior overflowing with tropical plants and flowers, Martinique makes the perfect yacht charter destination.
Marinas in Martinique
There are several marinas on Martinique, including:
Tel: +596 74 83 83
Marina de la Pointe du Bout
Tel : +596 66 07 74
Weather in Martinique
Martinique has a tropical climate, moderated by northeast trade winds. The weather is generally hot and humid all year round, with two seasons; dry and wet. The dry season, from December to June, enjoys temperatures of around 29C and is the most popular period for yacht charter. In the wet season, from July to November, there can be up to 19 days of rain per month. There is also a chance of hurricanes.
Top Five Things to do in Martinique:
- Wander around the historic capital of Fort-de-France, an eclectic mix of French and African cultures.
- Spend a day relaxing on the island’s deserted beaches. One of the best is Les Saline, in the south of the island.
- Visit the village of Trois-Ilets, where Napoleon’s wife Empress Josephine de Beauharmais was born and raised.
- Play an exhilarating round of golf on the Empress Josephine Golf Course. www.golfmartinique.com
- If you are visiting Martinique on a yacht charter in February, be sure to check out the colourful carnival.
Top 5 Restaurants in Martinique:
- The Coco Loco Bar and restaurant serves exquisite Creole food to the sound of jazz. Tel: +596 63 63 77
- La Canne a Sucre is a highly-acclaimed and intimate restaurant with notable French desserts.
- The views from the terrace at Le Josephine are some of the best in Martinique. Tel: +596 63 06 82
- L’Habitation Dillion serves authentic Creole and French cuisine in a beautiful tropical garden setting. Tel: +596 56 36 09
- For an unforgettable evening of dancing and dining reserve a table at La Villa Creole. www.la-villa-creole.fr