Luxury Yacht Charter Myanmar/Burma
Yacht Charter in Myanmar/Burma
It is still fairly difficult to enter the south-east Asian country of Myanmar as a tourist. An international boycott has been in placed for several years due to the harsh military regime. However, the southern islands of the Mergui Archipelago which lie off the Tennasserim coast are accessible to a very privileged number of yacht charters. The archipelago of more than 800 islands was strictly closed to foreigners until 1997, but several companies now offer charters in one of the last untouched paradises on earth. The islands themselves are densely forested while many are mountainous. The beaches are some of the most stunning in the world, with soft sand and emerald blue sea.
Marinas in Myanmar/Burma
There are currently no marinas on the islands but there are plenty of natural harbors for day and overnight anchorages.
Weather in Myanmar/Burma
Myanmar is hot and humid for the most of the year, with heavy rainfall between June and September. Temperatures often reach 40C in the summer months, between March and May. The ideal to visit Myanmar is between November and February.
Top Five Things to do in Myanmar/Burma:
- Check out Mergui’s rare anemones on Black Rock island.
- Dive in sites which have never been discovered before.
- Visit the beautiful town of Kawthaung, the southernmost town of Myanmar.
- Buy fish from local fisherman and grilled it on the BBQ on board your yacht.
- Snorkel in waters off Lampi Island.