Luxury Yacht Charter Panama
Yacht Charter in Panama
Panama’s strategic location had made it an important maritime route for more than 500 years but the Central American nation is only just opening up to the international yachting community. The country is a real mix between the North and South American continents, and boasts the Panama Canal which links the Atlantic and the Pacific Oceans together. The whole region is a fascinating mixture of geographical, cultural and commercial influences with more than 1,500 islands and 1,800 miles of coast line to explore.
Marinas in Panama
The Panama Canal has the best yacht transport in the world, but marinas are severely limited. They include:
Shelter Bay Marina
Tel: +507 433-3581
Bocas del Toro Yacht Club and Marina
Tel: + 507 757 9800
Red Frog Marina
Tel: +507 757 8008
Weather in Panama
The best time to visit Panama is during the dry season from mid-December to mid-April. This is true for the Pacific slope, but the Caribbean side can get rain throughout the year. But it won’t rain nonstop. Rain in Panama tends to come in sudden short downpours that freshen the air, and are followed by sunshine.
Top Five Things to do in Panama:
- To witness first hand some of the most unusual birds in Latin American head to the Baru National Park.
- Snorkel off one of the secluded beaches on one of the Pearl Islands.
- Catch the perfect wave on Rio Mar, on Panama’s Pacific Coast.
- Tee off at one of Panama’s newest golf courses, the Tuscan Country Club and Resort. www.tuscancountryclub.com
- Go deep sea fishing in waters off the San Blas archipelago.
Top 5 Restaurants in Panama:
- Make sure you reserve for a table at Guari Guari, on Isla Colon, for delicious Spanish delicacies. Tel: +507 6575 5513
- For sublime Latin American dishes make sure you book ahead at La Casa de Lourdes, in El Valle de Anton. Tel: +507 938 6450
- Palms is arguably the trendiest diner in Panama City. Tel: +507 265 7256
- For exotic seafood head to Manolo Caracol, in Panama City. Tel: +507 228 4640
- New restaurant Market serves the best steaks in Panama City. Tel: +507 264 9401