Luxury Yacht Charter Samoa
Yacht Charter in Samoa
Samoa – also known as Western Samoa – is an independent state situated in the South Pacific Ocean between New Zealand and Hawaii. North of Tonga and west of the Cook Islands, Samoa consists of 10 islands which are scattered in the crystal clear waters full of rich marine life and breathtaking coral. The main island is Upolu, home to the capital Apia – an atmospheric and vibrant city which acts as an ideal gateway to the nine other islands. Samoa is a warm and vivacious country, and a wonderful tourist destination. However, it is not a favourite amongst sailors as the shallow coral reefs surrounding the islands makes it difficult for larger yachts to anchor near its shores.
Marinas in Samoa
Samoa lacks a developed infrastructure for yacht charter, with its sole marina listed below:
Tel: +685 64400
Weather in Samoa
Western Samoa’s climate is tropical, and its position so close to the Equator means that there is very little seasonal difference between summer and winter. The temperatures hover between 25C-27c all year round. There is however a wet season – between October and January – and a dry season. Occasionally Samoa is hit by cyclones, the last being in 1993.
Top Five Things to do in Samoa:
- Take a dip in the freshwater pool at Piula, on Upolu, which stretches far into a cave and makes a perfect respite from the midday sun.
- Visit Savaii’s Pulemelei Step Pyramid, the country’s most mysterious ancient monument.
- Spend a day soaking up the rays on Upolu’s Lefaga Beach, one of Samoa’s most beautiful beaches and the backdrop for the 1952 film Return to Paradise.
- Play an unforgettable round of golf at the Penina Golf Club. www.peninaresortandgolfclub.com
- Take a trip to see one of the world’s largest marine blowholes at the Palolo Deep Marine Reserve on Savaii.
Top 5 Restaurants in Samoa:
- For top quality lobster try Apula Heights Restaurant with views from the lower slopes of Mount Vaea. Tel: + 685 26592
- Sail’s at Mulinu’u is expensive by Samoan standards but it is worth every dollar. Tel: +685 20628
- Paddles is a Samoan institution that will not disappoint. Tel: +685 21819
- For a first class meal of international standards head to Bistro Tatau. Tel: +685 22727
- Le Tamarina Restaurant serves excellent food in the stunning grounds of the famous Aggie Grey’s Hotel, founded in 1933. www.aggiegreys.com