Luxury Yacht Charter San Diego
Yacht Charter in San Diego
San Diego is one of the best kept secrets in California. The beautiful city, America’s fifth wealthiest, is the gate-way to some of the most spectacular cruising territory in the States. Surrounded by more than 70 miles of long white beaches, clear-blue warm waters and only a short distance from the Mexican Riviera, the region is every sailors dream.
Marinas in San Diego
As San Diego grows in popularity, so does its facilities for luxury yachts. Marinas currently include:
Kona Kai Marina
Tel: +619 224 7547
Shelter Island Marina
Tel: +619 223 0301
Fifth Avenue Landing
Tel: +619 704 2550
Pier 32 Marina
Tel: +800 729 7547
Tel: +619 224 3125
Harbor Island West Marina
Tel: +619 291 6440
Weather in San Diego
San Diego has a wonderful climate all year round. In the summer months temperatures are usually around 27C, but can easily reach into the 30cs, with sunny days and perfectly warm sea. The bright sunny weather lasts until way into autumn, with temperatures remaining in their mid 20cs. It’s not until the depths of winter when the weather changes, and becomes colder and wetter. January is normally the coldest and rainiest of the year.
Top Five Things to do in San Diego:
- Visit Balboa Park, the largest urban cultural park in America, complete with 15 museums and San Diego Zoo. www.balboapark.org
- Stroll along the boardwalk on Pacific Beach.
- Explore the Californian vineries in San Diego’s North Country.
- Tee off at the sublime Torrey Pines Golf Course, which boasts stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. www.torreypinesgolfcourse.com
- Watch the surfers on Mission Beach – or have a go if you dare.
Top 5 Restaurants in San Diego:
- Island Prime on Harbor Island boasts one of California’s most spectacular views. www.cohnrestaurant.com
- Indulge your senses at the Ocean terrace, part of the famous George’s at the Cove set-up. www.georgesatthecove.com
- Locals love the Lamont Street Grill on Pacific Beach. And that’s always a good sign. http://lamontstreetgrill.com
- For a hot and spicy Mexican meal head to Candelas on the Bay. www.candelas-sd.com
- If you are up early it is definitely worth your while seeking out Hash a Go Go for the best breakfast in town. www.hashagogo.com