Luxury Yacht Charter Saudi Arabia
Yacht Charter in Saudi Arabia
Sailing has been a popular sport in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for many years, but the destination is only just beginning to open up as a cruising ground for superyachts. The future bodes well however. With an average summer temperature of 35C-plus, warm water and good winds the conditions are perfect for sailing. Saudi Arabia borders the Persian Gulf, on the east, and the Red Sea, on the west, with the latter’s waters in particular providing ideal sailing territory with some of the best marine wildlife and diving sites in the world.
Marinas in Saudi Arabia
In preparation for the growing superyacht industry, Saudi Arabia is building berths at a rate of 10 units per week, for the next two years. They hope to increase the number of berths by 50 per cent by 2012. Currently the main marinas are:
Al Furusya Marina & Yacht Club, in Jeddah.
Contact through the Dubai Trade Centre, tel: + 971 433 210 00
Al-Ahlam Marine Club
Tel: +96 624 209 584
Sunset Marina, in Ra’s Munaysif
Park Hyatt Jeddah Marina
Tel: +966 2 263 9666
Weather in Saudi Arabia
The climate in Saudi Arabia is hot and arid. The hottest months are between March and October, when temperatures can reach 45C. Both summers and winters are slightly cooler on the Red Sea coast, in resorts such as Jeddah, where temperatures rarely hit 40C. The Gulf coast is slightly hotter, as the waters are shallow and enclosed by land.
Top Five Things to do in Saudi Arabia:
- dune bashing in the desert.
- Visit the Empty Quarter, the world’s largest sand area which is larger than France.
- Go diving in the Red Sea.
- Visit the romantic Old Town of Jeddah.
- Play golf at the Durrah Golf Course. www.durrahbeach.com
Top 5 Restaurants in Saudi Arabia
- Enjoy a special meal in Jeddah in a wooden chalet on stilts, whilst looking at the fish below through a glass floor. Tel: + 96 2 694 0999
- For a great value for money meal which is fresh and delicious come to Al-Shawly Corner, in Jeddah. Tel: + 96 2 644 7867
- Al-Nakheel Restaurant is a real favourite with locals and foreigners alike. Tel: + 96 2 606 6644
- Jeddah’s Yildizar is famed for its fine dining, which includes caviar dishes. Tel: + 96 2 653 1150
- For a table with a view go to the 7th floor of the Al-Mahmal Centre, in Jeddah.