Luxury Yacht Charter Seychelles
Yacht Charter in the Seychelles
The Seychelles are a collection of 115 islands which are scattered in the Indian Ocean about 900 miles south of Africa. The region is a becoming an extremely popular – but still quite a protected - superyacht destination, with special permission needed to visit some of the islands of the archipelago. Its qualities as a superyacht charter destination speak for themselves: swathes of unspoiled sandy beaches, emerald blue sea and a wonderful collection of marine wildlife just waiting to be discovered.
Marinas in the Seychelles
The main island of the archipelago is called Mahe, and this is where the current marina facilities are found:
The Wharf Marina
Tel: +248 67 07 00
Eden Island Marina
Tel: +248 434 63 00
Weather in the Seychelles
The seasons in the Seychelles are defined by the trade winds, which bring warmer and wetter weather to the islands between October and April. Between May and September the weather is drier and cooler, but it also tends to be windier. Temperatures range from between 24C and 32C throughout the year, with the most rain falling in January.
Top Five Things to do in the Seychelles:
- Anchor in a cove on the idyllic island of La Digue and discover heaven on earth.
- Go to the Vallee of Mai on Praslin Island and see one of two places in the world where the Coco de Mer palm grows in its natural habitat. The other place is Curieuse Island, also in the Seychelles.
- Visit the nature reserve on Cousin Island and marvel at the birds. www.natureseychelles.org
- Go horse-riding on La Digue, which is organized by L’Union Estate. www.ladigue.sc
- Play a round of golf at the Lemuria Resort of Praslin. www.remuriaresort.com
Top 5 Restaurants in the Seychelles
- Coco Rouge on the island of Praslin serves the best smoked fish salad in the Seychelles, according to critics. Tel: + 248 23 22 28
- The best place to come for ice-creams in the Seychelles is Gelateria de Luca, on Praslin Island.
- Bonbon Plume is a much-acclaimed restaurant set right on the sand on Praslin. Tel: +248 23 21 36
- Dine on the beach at Anse Soleil, in Mahe. Tel: +248 43 61 085
- Chez Batista is a delightful restaurant on Takamaka beach. www.chez-batista.com