Luxury Yacht Charter St Lucia
Yacht Charter in St Lucia
St Lucia is a hugely popular yacht charter destination in the Caribbean, situated south of Martinique and north of St Vincent. Although measuring just 27 miles long and 14 miles wide, the island boasts all the facilities and amenities of a much large nation without any of the negative connotations. Renowned for its scenic beauty, world-class dive sites and deserted white beaches, St Lucia is the first choice for many keen charter clients.
Marinas in St Lucia
The government of St Lucia has worked hard – and successfully - to improve facilities, which include:
Rodney Bay Marina
Tel: +758 452 0324
The Marina at Marigot Bay
Tel: +758 451 4273
Weather in St Lucia
As St Lucia is situated so close to the equator, its temperatures do not change much throughout the year. The weather is generally hot and humid, with northeast winds that make it feel cooler. The dry season, from December to June, enjoys temperatures of around 29C and is the most popular period for yacht charter. In the wet season, from July to November, there can be up to 19 days of rain per month. There is also a chance of hurricanes.
Top Five Things to do in St Lucia:
- Ride along the beach at Anse Chastanet, and enjoy a barbecue lunch on the black sand.
- Dive within the Soufriere Marine Management Area, where you will find more than 150 different species of fish, turtles, octopus etc.
- Play a round of golf at the prestigious St Lucia Golf and Country Club. www.stluciagolf.com
- If you are in St Lucia in May, check out the annual St Lucia Jazz Festival held on Pigeon Island. www.stluciajazz.org
- Climb the Petit Piton, and enjoy breathtaking views of the ocean from the top.
Top 5 Restaurants in St Lucia:
- The Rainforest Hideaway is arguably the best restaurant in Marigot Bay. Tel: +758 286 0511
- For exceptional food in sumptuous surroundings overlooking Vigie Cove, head to Jacques Waterfront Dining. Tel: +758 458 1900.
- The Coal Pot, famous for its seafood, is definitely worth seeking out on your yacht charter. www.coalpotrestaurant.com
- For sublime Caribbean creations try the Green Parrott, overlooking Castries harbour. Tel: +758 452 3399
- Tao is situated within the LeSPORT resort on Cariblue Beach but fortunately it is open to everyone. Tel: +758 450 8551