Luxury Yacht Charter St Maarten
Yacht Charter in St Maarten
St Maarten – or St Martin as it is sometimes known – is a small island in the Leeward Islands chain that has become something of a yacht charter Mecca. Only 37 miles in Size, the island is divided between a Dutch and a French side with both communities doing all they can to attract yachties and water-loving tourists. The French side covers about two thirds of the island and is technically part of Europe whilst the Dutch side is a member of the Netherlands Antilles and part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The island has established itself as the megayacht capital of the Caribbean, with excellent facilities set in stunning surroundings.
Marinas in St Maarten
The facilities for yachts visiting St Maarten are excellent, and include:
The Yacht Club Isle de Sol
Tel: +599 544 2408
Yacht Club Port de Plaisance
Tel: +599 544 4565
Simpson Bay Marina
Tel: +599 544 2309
Tel: +599 545 2735
Marina Fort Louis
Tel: +590 51 11 11
Tel: + 599 542 2366
Captain Oliver’s Marina
Tel: + 599 581 0790
Weather in St Maarten
St Maarten’s weather is ideal for yacht charter, with an annual average temperature of 26C. The best time to visit the island is between November and May, when there is little chance of rain. The wet season, between July and October, can be very humid and there is also the chance of hurricanes.
Top Five Things to do in St Maarten:
- For a day of total relaxation on your yacht charter try some of the treatments at The Good Life Spa. www.thegoodlifespa.com
- For the more energetic, try you hand at kite surfing on Orient Beach.
- Anchor in the crystal clear waters of Simpson Bay Beach and watch the world go by from the deck of your yacht charter.
- Play a round of golf at the island’s only golf course, at Mullet Bay. +599 545 2850
- Gallop along deserted beaches and in the surf on a horse. There are a number of stables who organize beach rides around the island.
Top 5 Restaurants in St Maarten:
- La Samanna is one of the island’s best-known restaurants serving French and Creole delicacies. www.lasamanna.com
- For the best steak on the island, head to Rare at the Atlantis World Casino. www.daretoberare.com
- Bamboo Bernies is an ultra-sleek bar and restaurant in the Sonesta Maho Beach resoprt and Casino. www.bamboobernies.net
- For some sublime seafood and a breathtaking view over the Great Bay in Philipsburg, reserve a table at Chesterfield’s.www.chesterfields-restaurant.com
- If you are an early riser check out the breakfast menu at Zee Best, in Simpson Bay. www.zeebestrestaurant.com