Luxury Yacht Charter The Bahamas
Yacht Charter in the Bahamas
The Bahamas are a collection of 29 islands and dozens more islets located in the Atlantic Ocean north of Cuba. The islands cover a land area of more than 5,300 square miles, and boast between them many hundreds of miles of white sandy beaches. The Bahamas have been a popular destination for yacht charter for decades. The islands are also a favorite destination for dive enthusiasts as it boasts the world’s third largest barrier reef system. The majority of the country’s 330,000 population live on New Providence island, which is home to the capital Nassau. Other popular destinations include Grand Bahama, the largest island, Eleuthera and Harbour Island, the Exumas and the Abacos.
In addition to being popular among dive enthusiasts and those looking to relax on white-sand beaches, the Bahamas are a popular destination for nature lovers. The island of Nassau Paradise is a regular point of embarkment for a yacht charter holiday and is also home to the Bahamian Dragon, which is a type of endangered iguana. Shroud Cay is also a haven for nature lovers and houses a wide variety of species including; crawfish and sea turtles, which swim gracefully in their natural habitat.
The usual calm waters of the Caribbean ensure that guests can test the waters on their yacht toys during a yacht charter of the Bahamas. The clear waters are perfect viewing whether guests are interested in testing the water with a seabob, or checking out the aforementioned wildlife with your onboard snorkeling gear.
Nightlife is varied in the Bahamas with several of the islands and port destinations offering their own yacht clubs such as Farmer's Cay Yacht Club and Fowl Cay Yacht Club in Exuma. Those seeking late night entertainment may also be tempted by Atlantis, Paradise Island which has a luxury resort with a waterpark and casinos.
The Bahamas is a beautiful destination for a yacht charter, with its turquoise waters and white-sand beaches. The islands offer the opportunity to relax in a paradise on earth, so it is little wonder that they have been such a popular charter destination for decades.
Marinas in the Bahamas
There are a large number of first-class marinas for yacht charters in the Bahamas, including:
Tel: +242 363 6068
Hurricane Hole Marina
Tel: +242 363 3600
Nassau Yacht Haven
Tel: +242 393 8173
Grand Bahama Yacht Club
Tel: +242 727 1214
Ginn Sur Mer Resort
Tel: +242 350 6500
Port Lucaya Marina
Tel: +242 373 9090
Riding Rock Marina
Tel: +242 331 2631
Hawk’s Nest Marina
Tel: +242 342 7050
Abaco Beach Resort at Boat Harbour
Tel: +242 367 2158
Walker’s Cay Marina
Tel: + 242 333 2142
Old Bahama Bay Resort and Yacht Harbour
Tel: +242 350 6500
Andros Lighthouse Marina
Tel: +242 368 2305
Treasure Cay Marina
Tel: +242 365 8801
Stanley Cay Yacht Club
Tel: +242 355 2024
Green Turtle Club Resort and Marina
Tel: +242 365 4271
Weather in the Bahamas
The climate in The Bahamas lends itself perfectly to yacht charter, being pretty near perfect all year round. Temperatures average between 21C-30C. The year falls in to two seasons - wet and dry - with February to May being the driest.
Top Five Things to do in the Bahamas:
- Go scuba diving in the crystal clear waters off Andros Island.
- Swim with dolphins at the Dolphins Encounter Company on Blue Lagoon Island. www.dolphinencounters.com
- Play a round of golf at the oldest golf course in The Bahamas, the 18 hole Cable Beach Golf Club. Tel: +242 677 4175
- Arrive at the secluded Tahiti Beach by yacht charter and enjoy a day on the white sandy beach.
- Indulge in a day at the Natural Mystic Spa at the Marley Resort. www.marleyresort.com
Top 5 Restaurants in the Bahamas:
- Moso is arguably the best Asian restaurant on new Providence Island. www.wyndhamnassauresort.com
- For sublime French cuisine try the Bahamian Club, in the Paradise Island resort of Atlantis. www.Atlantis.com
- Dune is possibly the most-cutting edge restaurant on Paradise Island and is well worth a visit during your yacht charter. www.oneandonlyresorts.com
- You can’t go wrong if you book a table at Nobu, the celebrated Japanese restaurant with a following in every leading town including Atlantis. www.atlantis.com
- For sensational seafood on Abacos head to the Mangoes Restaurant, in Marsh Harbour. Tel: +242 367 2957