Luxury Yacht Charter The Cayman Islands
Yacht Charter in the Cayman Islands
The Cayman Islands are a small piece of England situated in the Caribbean Sea, some 400 miles south of Miami. With white sandy beaches, crystal clear blue sea and some of the best diving in the Caribbean, it is hardly surprising that the Cayman Islands are a popular choice amongst yachting enthusiasts. Discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1503 during his fourth and final voyage to the New World, the islands comprise of Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman. The Cayman Islands are the perfect place to come for uncomplicated sailing, wonderful hospitality and incredible scenery.
Marinas in the Cayman Islands
The facilities for yacht charter in the Cayman Islands are first-class and include:
Cayman Islands Yacht Club
Tel: +345 945 4322
Harbour House Marina
Tel: +345 947 1037
Tel: +345 949 3743
Weather in the Cayman Islands
The Cayman Islands is in the northeast trade wind belt of the Caribbean and enjoys a stable climate. Cool Cayman Winter nights and hot Summer days are the year-round norm, influenced only occasionally by Winter storms known through the Cayman Island as Nor'westers. Summer humidity is often higher, but the cool sea breezes at night usually bring relief.
Top Five Things to do in the Cayman Islands:
- Spend the day on Grand Cayman’s Seven Mile Beach which is as spectacular as its name suggests.
- Head to Stingray City, one of the best shallow dives and snorkeling spots in the world, situated in Grand Cayman’s North Sound.
- An alternative dive site is Bloody Bay Wall, on Little Cayman, a vertical drop of more than 1,000 feet.
- Play a round of golf at the Britannia Golf Club, designed by Jack Nicklaus. www.britanniagolfclub.com
- Visit the Cayman Island Turtle Farm and marvel at the 16,000 residents. Tel: + 345 949 3894
Top 5 Restaurants in the Cayman Islands:
- Even Bacchus would have been proud of the wine list at the Bacchus Restaurant and Wine Bar in George Town.www.bacchus.ky
- The Wharf is arguably one of the best restaurants on Seven Mile Beach. www.wharf.ky
- ‘Shack chic’ Calypso Grill in West Bay oozes ambiance and charm. www.calypsogrillcayman.com
- For a memorable meal with stunning views try The Lighthouse, situated in a….lighthouse. www.lighthouse.ky
- If you hanker after Italian cuisine on your yacht charter head to Pappagallo, in West Bay, for a meal set in a 14-acre bird sanctuary. Pappagallo means Parrot. www.pappagallo.ky