Luxury Yacht Charter The Cook Islands
Yacht Charter in the Cook Islands
The Cook Islands consist of 15 islands that lie halfway between New Zealand and Hawaii, in the South Pacific Ocean. They are split into two regions: nine islands make up the Southern Group, including Rarotonga, the capital; and six islands make up the Northern Group. The country is characterized by stunning tropical islands fringed with palm trees and surrounded by clear blue waters. The Southern Group is well equipped for tourists, where there are ample opportunities to explore the interior of the islands, or go diving and snorkeling in the coral reefs around them. The Northern Group is just as beautiful, but far more remote.
Marinas in the Cook Islands
The only marina facility currently available in the Cook Islands is:
Avatiu Harbour, on Rarotonga
Weather in the Cook Islands
The climate in the Cook Islands is warm and sunny all year round. June to August are the coolest months, with temperatures around 25C. Meanwhile temperatures peak between November and March, at around 30C. The warmer period is also the wettest, with occasional tropical downpours occurring. It is also known as cyclone season, although they are by no means a regular occurrence.
Top Five Things to do in the Cook Islands:
- Go snorkeling in the Aitutaki lagoon.
- Explore the caves on Atiu Island.
- If you visit in September, make sure you check out the Te Maeva Nui Constitution Festival.
- Visit marae Arai-Te-Tonga, the ancient spiritual site on Rarotonga.
- If you are yearning a spot of golf try out the nine holes at Rarotonga Golf Club. Tel : +682 20621
Top 5 Restaurants in the Cook Islands:
- Sails Restaurant occupies a stunning position overlooking Muri Lagoon on Rarotonga. Tel: +682 27349
- For high quality food in exceptional surroundings try the Sandals Restaurant and Barefoot Bar and the Pacific Resort, on Rarontonga. www.pacificresort.com
- For fine wine and gourmandize treats pop into Deli Foods Limited in Muri. They will also cater on board your boat. www.delifoods.co.ck
- Te Vara Nui Village on Rarontonga offers a unique opportunity to eat wonderful fresh food whilst watching local dancers. www.tevaranui.co.ck
- Pop into the Boat Shed for excellent grilled fish at this popular restaurant on Popoara Beach, in Aitutaki. www.poporama.com