Luxury Yacht Charter The Whitsundays
Yacht Charter in the Whitsundays
The Whitsundays are a collection of 74 tropical islands in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, approximately 1120km north of Brisbane, and 630km south of Cairns. The majority of islands are deserted, providing optimum cruising potential with pristine white beaches, clear blue sea and fantastic snorkeling conditions. Only a handful of the islands are inhabited, with eight offering excellent first class facilities. The Whitsundays also includes the mainland resort of Airlie Beach, which is surrounded by beautiful coves and a stunning coastline, offering wonderful sailing opportunities.
Marinas in the Whitsundays
The Whitsundays are the dream yacht charter destination and there are a several excellent marina facilities in the area to service the industry:
Abel Point Marina
Tel: +617 4946 2400
Port of Airlie Marina
Tel: +617 4948 0643
Bowen Marina Slipways
Tel: +617 4786 1760
Tel: +617 4946 7844
Hamilton Island Marina
Tel: +617 4946 8353
Tel: +617 4955 6855
Weather in the Whitsundays
The climate in the Whitsundays is tropical climate with hot summers, warm winters and bright spring and autumn days. The average daily temperatures range from around 22C-23C in the winter months of June and July, and up to 29C-30C in December and January – the height of summer. The wet season takes place during January to March, when there are often tropical showers.
Top Five Things to do in the Whitsundays:
- Spend a day lounging on Whitehaven Beach, possibly the closest thing to heaven on earth, on Whitsunday Island.
- Play golf at Turtle Point Golf Course. Tel: +617 4947 7777
- Snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef, the world’s largest living structure visible from space.
- Spoil yourself at Spa Qualia, on Hamilton Island. www.qualia.com.au
- For stunning views of the Whitsundays anchor off South Molle Island and explore the Molle Islands National Park. Tel: +613 0013 0372
Top 5 Restaurants in the Whitsundays:
- For stunning views and award-winning food go to Clipper Lounge Bar in the Coral Sea Resorts, Airlie Beach. www.coralsearesort.com
- Déjà vu is the place to go for excellent French cuisine with a view. www.dejavurestaurant.com.au
- The Beach House on Hamilton Island is a must for modern Australian cooking in a sensational setting. Children over 12 are welcome. www.hamiltonisland.com.au
- For wood-fired pizzas try the Manta Ray Café, near Hamilton Island Marina. Tel: +617 4946 8213
- The Mariners Restaurant on Hamilton Island boasts some of the best seafood in Australia. Tel: +617 4946 8626