Luxury Yacht Charter Tonga
Yacht Charter in Tonga
The Kingdom of Tonga lies in the South Pacific Ocean, about a third of the way between New Zealand and Hawaii, and east of Fiji. The archipelago of 170 coral islands can de divided into three groups, with the Vava’u Islands being by far the most popular. The region is already a firm favourite with sailors and yacht charter, boasting wonderful protected bays, fantastic snorkeling and miles upon miles of deserted, white sandy beaches.
Marinas in Tonga
There are not any large marinas at present but the following offer moorings to rent, and a number of other facilities:
Ha'apai Yacht Club
Tel: +676 70116
Tel: +676 70327
Sailing Safari Marine Centre
Tel: +676 70650
Nuku'alofa Fishing and Motorboat Club
Weather in Tonga
Tonga lies near the Equator so weather conditions are almost always hot and humid with an average temperature of around 26C. The best time to visit is in the dry season between May and October. The wet season lasts from November to April, with March being the wettest months.
Top Five Things to do in Tonga:
- Visit the Mapu’a a’ Vaca blow holes which stretch for 5km along the south shore of Tongatapu. At high tide water is forced through the holes in the coral limestone like natural fountains.
- Dive in the coral reefs surrounding any number of the islands.
- Go on a guided walk through the rainforest in ‘Eua.
- Play 18 holes at the Tonga Golf Club. Tel: +676 24949
- Surf some waves off Ha'atafu Beach.
Top 5 Restaurants in Tonga:
- Seaview Restaurant on the island of Tongatapu is recognized as one of the best in the Kingdom. Tel: +676 23709.
- Reserve a table at Waterfront Lodge on Tongatapu for a romantic meal in a wonderful setting. Tel: +676 24692.
- The Dancing Rooster is ideally situated on the waterfront at Vava’u. Tel: +676 70886.
- Try the prawn cocktail and tomato ice-cream at the Sovereign Residence, Vava’u. Tel: +676 70670.
- Phone ahead to reserve a table at the Sandy Beach Resort on Ha’apai Island. Tel: +676 69600