Luxury Yacht Charter The US Virgin Islands
Yacht Charter in the US Virgin Islands
The US Virgin Islands lie approximately 1,000 miles southeast of Miami, and are hugely popular as a caribbean yacht charter destination especially amongst sailors from the United States of America. The archipelago comprises of three main islands of St Croix, St John and St Thomas, surrounded by a scattering of other smaller islands. The islands – like the neighboring British Virgin Islands – are breathtakingly beautiful with white sandy beaches, intimate coves and clear blue sea. With first class facilities comparable to those found on mainland America, the US Virgin Islands makes a wonderful yacht charter destination.
Marinas in the US Virgin Islands
There are some excellent marinas in the US Virgin Islands for yacht charter. They include:
American Yacht Harbor
Tel: +340 775 6454
Crown Bay Marina
Tel: +340 7742255
Yacht Haven Grande USVI
Tel: +340 774 5030
Sapphire Beach Marina
Tel: +340 775 6100
Green Cay Marina
Tel: +340 773 1453
St Croix Marine
Tel: +349 778 0289
Salt River Marina
Tel: +340 778 9650
Weather in the US Virgin Islands
The climate in the US Virgin Islands lends itself to yacht charter. In the winter temperatures hover around 25C whilst in the summer, they peak at around 28C. The easterly trade winds mean that the humidity is low. However, the months of August through to November can see quite a bit of rain, with the risk of hurricanes in August and September.
Top Five Things to do in the US Virgin Islands:
- The whole family will love the Coral World Ocean Park on St Thomas. www.coralworldvi.com
- Head to Magens Bay on St Thomas, regarded by National Geographic magazine as one of the most beautiful in the world.
- For some of the best diving in the US Virgin Islands visit Cane Bay Beach, on St Croix.
- Golfers amongst you must head to the Carambola Golf and Country Club. www.golfcarambola.com
- For yacht charter guests who visit the US Virgin Islands in April, make sure you check out the colorful St Thomas Carnival. www.vicarnival.com
Top 5 Restaurants in the US Virgin Islands:
- Craig and Sallys, in Frenchtown, has one of the best cellars on St Thomas. www.craigandsallys.com
- Coconuts on the Beach is the best place to head on St Croix to watch the sun go down. www.coconutsonthebeach-stx.com
- For the best lobster in the Caribbean reserve a table at Duggan’s Reef, an institution on the island of St Croix. duggansreef.com
- Turtle Bay Estate House in the exclusive Caneel Bay Resort serves exceptional French cuisine in stunning surroundings. www.caneelbay.com
- If you fancy a burger during your US Virgin Islands yacht charter head to Shipwreck Landing, in Coral Bay, St John. www.shipwrecklandingstjohn.com