Luxury Yacht Charter Wellington
Yacht Charter in Wellington
Wellington is the capital of New Zealand, and is situated on the south coast of the North Island on the edge of the dramatic Wellington Harbour. The coast north of Wellington is called the Kapiti Coast, off which lies the world renowned bird sanctuary Kapiti Island. There are numerous beaches and bays that surround Wellington, making it an ideal destination for water sport lovers and sailing enthusiasts alike. The city of Wellington and the Cook Straight, separating North and South Island, are prone to gusty winds.
Marinas in Wellington
There are a number of first-class marinas in and around Wellington, which include:
Tel: +64 4 382 9300
Evans Bay Marina
Tel: +64 4 386 2345
Tel: +64 4 223 0091
Tel: +64 4 568 3738
Weather in Wellington
The weather in Wellington can be one of two things: windy or not, hence its nickname Windy Wellington. Temperatures in the summer, from November to March, range from 19C to 24C, whilst in the winter months, they plummet to between 10C-14C. The strong winds, which mainly occur in the winter, are due to Wellington’s exposure to weather systems from the Tasman Sea.
Top Five Things to do in Wellington:
- Walk up to the Mount Victoria Lookout in the city and take in the view.
- Ride the historic Wellington Cable Car to the Botanic Garden.
- Go on a Lord of the Rings location tour and visit the famous landmarks that feature in the blockbuster movie.
- Try your hand at surfing in Houghton Bay.
- Tee off at Shandon Golf Course, just 15 minutes from the city of Wellington. www.shandongolf.co.nz
Top 5 Restaurants in Wellington:
- The award-winning Matterhorn Restaurant was recently named best restaurant in New Zealand. www.matterhorn.co.nz
- Martin Bosley’s Restaurant at the Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club enjoys a panoramic view of Wellington. www.martin-bosley.com
- For genuine Italian pizzas head to Zibibbo. www.zibibbo.co.nz
- Located on the city’s Oriental Bay, The White House is a stunning restaurant with spectacular views. www.wht.co.nz
- Named as one of Welllington’s most iconic restaurants, Shed 5 is well worth a visit. www.shed5.co.nz